Effective today, the Sovos Group is happy to announce the creation of the Constellation Research Group. Sovos is one of the founding members of this new entity. Constellation brings together leading consultants and research analysts in the Enterprise space (bios below) that cover critical areas of business strategy and technology research. This new collaborative model now allows us to wrap a comprehensive set of expertise around critical challenges and opportunities faced by end users as well as buyers and sellers of technology enabled solutions.
Why We Think This is a Win for Customers
To truly accelerate performance for 21st century enterprises, the answer lies far beyond specific technology-enabled innovation categories. Silo-ed approaches to evaluating the benefit of emerging technology areas will not bring optimal benefit with respect to how organizations engage and transact with customers, employees, distribution partners and suppliers.
Those organizations that break away from the pack will have successfully used the right blend of not just social and collaborative constructs but also other critical technology pockets such as in-memory computing, cloud based computing, traditional and new ERP driven structured process and context, mobile and tablet experiences and of course, social media. Similarly, from a sector perspective, public sector initiatives around collaboration and enterprise social software offer a lot of lessons learned for private institutions, and vice versa.
Constellation Research members counts some of the most accomplished names in each of these business and technology segments areas as well as public and private sector expertise. And our joint research agendas will aim to help organizations understand how to bring all of this innovation together to effectively meet an organizations operational and financial metrics.
Is Sovos Changing?
So what changes at Sovos? Nothing and Everything. We will continue to work exactly as we have as Sovos with some of the largest organizations in the world that we are privileged to help. But now along with our Constellation Research colleagues, we get to also bring the best research around adjacent technologies and concepts such as ERP, Mobile Computing, Infrastructure planning and sourcing to get the best out of your enterprise collaboration and social initiatives. We will contribute research around topics were best at and draw on the best thinking and provide joint thought leadership.
Our research agenda includes a number of emerging trends and technologies: enterprise applications, legacy system optimization, cloud computing, mobile computing, social networking, business analytics, game theory, and unified communications.
Constellation first and foremost a research firm. We work to a research agenda and work with our clients to shape that agenda. We provided both open and syndicated products and we build long term retained relationships with both our buy side and sell side clients. Our primary product is our IP and knowledge which we share deliver in many mediums such as reports, webinars, and project consulting. A FAQ can be found here.
Introducing The Constellation Founding Team
We have assembled a really top-notch group of analysts.
- Phil Fersht (@pfersht) is a well-known industry analyst covering business process outsourcing (BPO) and IT services worldwide. He is the founder of the acclaimed global sourcing blog “Horses for Sources.” Before that he worked for 15 years at AMR Research (now Gartner Group), Deloitte Consulting, Everest Group, and IDC.
- Maribel Lopez (@maribellopez) brings deep industry knowledge in covering the communications industry. With over two decades of marketing as well as industry analyst experience, she has covered the massive shifts in the communication market. Maribel has worked in marketing at Motorola and Shiva corp and as an analyst for IDC. She also put in over 10 years at Forrester Research, most recently as Vice President of the tech industry strategies group, covering network and service strategies, enterprise communications, and consumer markets for voice, video, and data.
- Oliver Marks (@olivermarks) is a partner at the Sovos Group. Oliver provides consulting to end-user organizations on the effective planning of collaboration strategy, tactics, technology decisions, change management and roll out. Oliver previously managed the Sony WorldWide collaboration extranet, and has worked with the American Management Association, Sun, Docent/SumTotal Systems, Harvard Business School and McKinsey on major initiatives around knowledge transfer and change management.
- Vinnie Mirchandani (@dealarchitect) is a thought-leader on trends in software, outsourcing, and offshoring. He has personally assisted clients in negotiate technology contracts valued in excess of $5 billion and has advised companies on IT risk management, globalization and sourcing issues. Vinnie is the founder of Deal Architect and is a former Gartner analyst and an outsourcing executive with PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Paul Papadimitriou (@papadimitirou) is a big thinker on online media, its impact on how brands and individuals communicate, and the redefinition of social norms through new technologies. With more than a decade of experience as a lobbyist and business consultant, he delivers intelligence to companies seeking to understand the shift in customer engagement. Paul also advises startups, writes about Japan mobile & web trends, and is a sought-after speaker at conferences around the world.
- Sameer Patel (@sameerpatel) is a partner athe the Sovos group. Sameer is a recognized expert in accelerating business performance via the use of collaboration and enterprise social software. He has more than a decade of experience managing initiatives for large organizations to help drive sales and marketing intelligence, partner network optimization, innovation, customer acquisition, and employee productivity via communication and collaboration technologies. Sameer’s clients have included Ingres, Sun Microsystems, Computer Associates, KPMG, McKesson HBOC, WR Wrigley Co., The Sabre Group, Grupo Televisa (Mx), and Cardinal Health.
- Frank Scavo (@fscavo) is the co-founder of Strativa, a management consulting firm providing business and IT advice to end-user organizations. He has over 20 years of experience in IT strategy, IT management metrics, enterprise applications, and business process improvement, serving end-users in a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, life sciences, consumer products, high-tech, distribution, retail distribution, and information services. He is especially skilled at aligning business and IT strategy, developing the business case for new systems, and facilitating the selection of enterprise systems, such as ERP, CRM, and supply chain management. He is also an expert in benchmarking IT spending and staffing levels for end-user IT organizations. Frank is a Certified Fellow in Production and Inventory Management (CFPIM) by APICS, the Association for Operations Management. He is also the President of Computer Economics, an IT research and metrics firm, founded in 1979.
- Alan Silberberg (@ideagov) is a leading analyst in Gov 2.0. He speaks on transformational change, crisis and brand communications, and government 2.0 and the crossover into business and technology. Alan has government and private sector experience, having served in the U.S. White House, at Paramount Pictures and numerous technology companies as an advisor, founder or investor. His clients have included the Vatican Global Licensing group, currently elected officials, and former elected officials as well as numerous technology startups. He is focused on the business side of Government 2.0 and how the technology platforms create commercial ventures and new markets. He is the founder of Gov20LA which is the first west coast un-conference for Gov 2.0 tech.
- R “Ray” Wang, the driving force behind Constellation. A former Altimeter, VP and Principal Analyst at Forrester, he has a long history with enterprise applications as well as other leading-edge technologies. He headed up the analyst relations program for PeopleSoft, and at Oracle, he served senior product management roles for both the ERP and CRM product lines. He was voted Analyst of the Year for both 2008 and 2009 by the prestigious Institute of Industry Analyst Relations (IIAR)
Constellation Service Offerings
We work with our clients to tailor programs of access through open research, syndicated research, and one-on-one interactive engagement. Advisory services include:
Visit the Constellation Research Group website for more information, or simply contact me if you are interested in our services. Would love to hear your comments on the blog or send me an email to email@example.com. And I’m at the Enterprise 2.0 conference in Santa Clara if you want to meet in person.
Thanks to every one who reached out privately and publicly with well wishes. It means a lot!